Skuid is a front-end application development platform designed for enterprise problem-solvers to quickly build beautiful, tailor-made applications. With Skuid, it is easy to connect to disparate data sources, assemble highly complex, made-to-order applications, and instantly make changes—all declaratively. With the power to innovate, permission to experiment, and the promise of agility, Skuid customers can focus on staying competitive in the next wave of innovation. Skuid has nearly nearly 1000 customers across more than 30 countries, and its customers range from Fortune 2000 to other enterprise companies and SMBs.
Skuid hires exceptional individuals, invests in their growth and development, and offers them an environment of shared goals and values, rich experiences and opportunities. In turn, our employees take their projects and responsibilities very seriously, without taking themselves too seriously. We seek caring heroes, humble experts, and design thinkers whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. If you believe you have what it takes to earn the trust of others, you will fit in well at Skuid.
About This Position
Do you love crafting engaging and effective curriculum? Do you take pride in enabling customers? Feel energized by helping people become more efficient with the tools you taught them? We are looking for an Instructional Designer/Curriculum Creator who thrives on these things and does so by providing technical/software training and enablement products. Someone who understands how people learn and can transform that into impactful and engaging learning experiences that meet the needs of today’s audiences and builds long lasting customers.
This is an incredible opportunity to implement a program, help drive the learning strategy, cross collaborate with many teams, and utilize a well rounded portfolio of skills, projects, and experience.
In this position you will:
- Use learning technology to innovate how, when, and where our customers and team members at all levels can learn effectively.
- Rapidly develop impactful, non-repetitive educational solutions by adding your own creativity and vision, including a variety of modalities such as learner guides, self-paced tutorials, instructional interactions, learning assessments, simulations, virtual blended learning, references guides, and other supplemental learning materials.
- Stay current in learning trends and recommend media, methods, and approaches to implement new ideas in a cost-effective manner and share best practices.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions to identify and clearly communicate highly complex content and present simplified and relevant design proposals, then revise the design as needed based on input from resources.
- Have a strong desire to serve our customers and respond to their needs and interests.
- Build internal and external networks to access expertise and relationships with other department or functional leaders and vendors.
- Ensure learning and performance objectives are learner centered, appropriate for the audience, and that the training programs developed meet the learning and performance objectives.
- Accept customer and team feedback opening and graciously.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience ; formal education in Adult Education or Instructional Design is preferred. (Added experience may be considered in lieu of education).
- 5+ years’ experience creating curriculum development, as well as designing and developing training and simulations for software applications.
- Ability to understand various Skuid and Salesforce offerings and product features. High comfort level working with technical engineers.
- Experience with learning technologies in some of the following: photo/video editing, simulations, authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, etc.), PowerPoint or equivalent, coding, Graphics/Animation, CSCW, LMS, whiteboard, SCORM, social media forums, gamification, or other mechanisms.
- Strong oral/written communication and editing skills, ability to communicate concrete and abstract ideas, and ability to accurately and clearly present information required.
- Must have the ability to work both in teams and independently, manage multiple projects, juggle multiple changing priorities, demonstrate high attention to detail, hold yourself accountable, and meet tight deadlines.
- Desire to continuously improve your own capabilities and areas of expertise and support the development of peers and customers.
- Work samples will be requested at a future stage in the interview process. This portfolio must include various past projects displaying as many aspects of the role as possible. A live demonstration/presentation may also be required.
If you prefer a creative and engaging learner centered environment, like to work hard, and just as importantly, have fun while doing so, we welcome you to apply for our team today!
Skuid provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws